The American Red Cross is pleased to present the Coming Home Series, Presented by Walmart, dedicated to our country’s service men and women and their families and loved ones. Our goal is to support and ease the transition home:
- The Coming Home Series, Presented by Walmart focuses on individual/small group discussion that enhances the likelihood of positive reconnections among family members and the successful re-engagement of the service member in civilian life.
- The series consists of a number of topic areas that service members and their families have found relevant to their experience as they transition back home. Some of these include: managing anger, supporting children, building communication, reconnecting with others, and recognizing PTSD & TBI and other topics critical to reunion adjustment.
- This series is designed to assist those impacted by a military deployment and bridges all branches of the Armed Forces. We invite Reserve, National Guard, active duty service members, veterans and their families, including spouses, parents, siblings and significant others, to participate.
- Participants will be able to choose the topic they are most interested in from the available options; sessions and materials focus on learning useful tools, effective coping mechanisms and where to find resources.
- The workshops include:
- Communicating Clearly
- Exploring Stress and Trauma
- Indentifying Depression
- Relating to Children
- Working Through Anger
- You may read more about the Coming Home Series, Presented by Walmart in this brochure.
- To register for one or all of these valuable workshops, please email your name, city/state and which workshop you are interested in attending to ComingHome@usa.redcross.org.