Volunteer Info for Metro Atlanta
and volunteers are at the heart of our mission. At the Metropolitan
Atlanta Chapter, the caring hearts and helping hands of more than
1,000 volunteers are essential to providing vital programs and services
within the 15-county metro area. The fact that 92% of our Red Cross workforce is comprised of volunteers means that we can further
stretch donated dollars to meet the needs of our community.
Volunteers from all walks of life are involved in every aspect of the
organization – from the front lines of a disaster to behind-the-scenes
- Respond to disasters locally or nationally
- Assist with blood drives
- Educate the community on safety and disaster preparedness issues
- Provide office support
- Teach health and safety classes like First Aid and CPR
- Help during special events such as telethons
- And much more
Becoming a Red Cross volunteer is easy. We provide a general orientation to the entire organization, as well as intensive training specific to each position. Just follow these steps to get started:
- View our current volunteer opportunities and choose an opportunity that best fits your skills and schedule.
- Complete an application, indicating your specific volunteer interest. In order to make your Red Cross experience a positive one, a Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement and Background Check is required for all Metro Atlanta Red Cross volunteers. This requires that the application be downloaded, and a paper copy signed. Click here to download an application and code of conduct form.
- Fax or mail the completed application to:
Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter
1955 Monroe Drive, NE
Atlanta , GA 30324
- When your completed application is received, we will contact you to schedule an interview and orientation.
Criminal Background Check
All employees and volunteers of the American Red Cross must successfully complete a nation-wide criminal background check before they begin their service. The Volunteer Services Department will contact you regarding this process.